- When did you first start to sing?
- Do you have any formal singing training?
- Not too much. I was in Jazz Ensemble in college.
- What other talents do you have?
- I am a piano player and a drummer.
- If you don't make it on American Idol, what will you do?
- I will go back to performing at clubs. I will maybe try to put a band together and do bigger things.
- What are your personal goals in life?
- To be a respected musician in the eyes of my peers. And to be an inspiration and a blessing to other musicians.
- What album would your friends be surprised you own?
- The Best of Charlotte Church.
- Do you have any rituals or things you do before you perform?
- Big, deep breaths. Just remember that I'm here to do what I already know how to do.
- What's your most embarrassing moment?
- Can't think of one.
- What's your proudest moment?
- When I got a standing ovation in my Hollywood Week performance of "Georgia on my Mind".
- If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have?
- I would like to be an amazing basketball player because I'm horrible at sports.
- Who is your favorite judge and why?
- Kara because she connects with musicians and can see when people are sincere and dedicated like myself.
- What would people be surprised to learn about you?
- I'm a huge Disney fan. The movies, the music, everything.
- Do you have any good luck charms?
- Do you think the audition process was fair?
- What's been your favorite moment so far?
- When I was told that I made it to Hollywood.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- I wish I was a little skinnier and a better interviewee.
- How do you plan on differentiating yourself in the competition?
- As a piano player and a passionate singer who feels the music.
- Who are your musical influences?
- Coldplay, Gavin DeGraw, The Fray, Dave Matthews, John Mayer.
- If you have 24 hours to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
- Perform in front of 50,000 people and move someone to tears, but just have a great performance.
- Who is the person that you would most like to meet?
- Barack Obama.
- Who's been your favorite Idol thus far?
- Michael Johns.
- If you could perform in any venue in the world, where would that be?
- Madison Square Garden.
- What was the first concert you attended?
- Plus One featuring Stacie Orrico and Rachael Lampa.
- How has music moved you?
- It frees me from whatever I'm doing. I can get lost in it. It makes me feel like I have something very special.
- What makes a great performer?
- Confidence, swagger and talent.
- How do you combat stage fright?
- I keep my confidence in my skill.
- What's been the scariest part of the Idol experience so far?
- Making to Top 36 was wild. Walking in the room was intimidating and rough on the nerves.
- What's been the most surprising part of the Idol experience so far?
- Knowing that the judges keep giving me opportunities to show more of myself.
- If you could redo any moment in your life, what would it be and why?
- I wouldn't change anything.
- If you could perform with any person or group, who would it be and why?
- It has to be cool to be on tour with a group like Prince and his band. It seems like prince has a lot of fun on stage. I love the soul singing and the freedom he shows.
- What song would you LOVE to sing on AI?
- "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel.
- What one moment in past AI seasons will you always remember?
- When Fantasia won and sang "I Believe".
- How did you make the final decision to try out for AI?
- Someone told me they were driving to Louisville and I knew that second that I had to go with them.
Matt's LATEST PHOTOS
Top 5 - Rat Pack...
Top 8 - Birth Year Songs
Top 7 Disco Performances
Top 7 - Songs of the...