- When did you first start to sing?
- 10 years of age.
- Do you have any formal singing training?
- What other talents do you have?
- I play the piano, drums, guitar and I can paint, tile and build.
- If you don't make it on American Idol, what will you do?
- Go back to work, love my family and keep pursuing my purpose.
- What are your personal goals in life?
- To win a Grammy, have a successful music career and love my family.
- What album would your friends be surprised you own?
- Do you have any rituals or things you do before you perform?
- Pray and relax.
- What's your most embarrassing moment?
- Walking out on stage with my fly open.
- What's your proudest moment?
- When my children were born.
- If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have?
- Acting talent.
- Who is your favorite judge and why?
- Simon for saying "Even if the truth hurts it's always better than a lie."
- What would people be surprised to learn about you?
- I can draw.
- Do you have any good luck charms?
- Do you think the audition process was fair?
- What's been your favorite moment so far?
- Making the Top 36.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- My hair from curly to straight.
- How do you plan on differentiating yourself in the competition?
- Singing my head off and being real to who I am.
- Who are your musical influences?
- Michael English, Michael Jackson, Michael McDonald, Celine Dion, Frank Sinatra, Steven Curtis Chapman.
- If you have 24 hours to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
- Making out with my wife on a beautiful beach in Fiji.
- Who is the person that you would most like to meet?
- Celine Dion.
- Who's been your favorite Idol thus far?
- Carrie Underwood.
- If you could perform in any venue in the world, where would that be?
- Madison Square Garden.
- What was the first concert you attended?
- Clay Cross.
- How has music moved you?
- It had made life make sense.
- What makes a great performer?
- Passion, talent and an ability to connect.
- How do you combat stage fright?
- By focusing on doing it for the love of music.
- What's been the scariest part of the Idol experience so far?
- The waiting and group day.
- What's been the most surprising part of the Idol experience so far?
- How many great voices there are.
- If you could redo any moment in your life, what would it be and why?
- Not breaking the law and being arrested.
- If you could perform with any person or group, who would it be and why?
- Celine Dion.
- What song would you LOVE to sing on AI?
- A song I wrote called "Moving On".
- What one moment in past AI seasons will you always remember?
- When Kelly Clarkson won.
- How did you make the final decision to try out for AI?
- Prayer and long conversations with my wife that led to the conclusion that this was my time.
Michael's LATEST PHOTOS
Top 13 - Michael Jackson
Top 13 Photo Shoot
Top 13 Finalists
Top 10 - 50 Years of...
Top 11 - Grand Ole Opry