- When did you first start to sing?
- 12 or 13.
- Do you have any formal singing training?
- Yes, sporadic voice lessons here and there.
- What other talents do you have?
- Body drumming, computer programming, drums, piano, guitar recording/mixing.
- If you don't make it on American Idol, what will you do?
- Keep working as an independent musician/recording artist.
- What are your personal goals in life?
- Try to be successful in the music industry and be a positive influence to others.
- What album would your friends be surprised you own?
- Dream Theater "Falling into Infinity."
- Do you have any rituals or things you do before you perform?
- Drink water, move around, warm up vocally, pray.
- What's your most embarrassing moment?
- Doing a performance in front of 4,000 people and not knowing my fly zipper was down!
- What's your proudest moment?
- Making it to the Top 36 and getting my master's degree in London, England.
- If you couldn't sing, which talent would you most like to have?
- Who is your favorite judge and why?
- I like them all. Simon - I love his candor and directness. Cara - her knowledge of music and qualifications. Paula - her heart and passion. Most of all, Randy - I don't know why...I just like him!
- What would people be surprised to learn about you?
- I have been visually impaired from birth.
- Do you have any good luck charms?
- Do you think the audition process was fair?
- Yes, I really liked the fact that everybody got a chance to sing in front of the producers at the stadium.
- What's been your favorite moment so far?
- Final round of Hollywood Week when I sang and played keyboard for the first time.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Stop craving chocolate.
- How do you plan on differentiating yourself in the competition?
- By being myself and choosing songs that play to my vocal and piano strengths.
- Who are your musical influences?
- Gavin DeGraw, Mark Schultz, Billy Joel, Vanessa Carlton, Jamie Cullum, Coldplay, Elton John, Jason Mraz.
- If you have 24 hours to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
- Shoot a music video of me singing and playing a grand piano atop the Eiffel Tower.
- Who is the person that you would most like to meet?
- David Foster and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
- Who's been your favorite Idol thus far?
- Carrie Underwood.
- If you could perform in any venue in the world, where would that be?
- Royal Albert Hall in London and Times Square.
- What was the first concert you attended?
- Amy Grant when I was seven years old.
- How has music moved you?
- In every way imaginable.
- What makes a great performer?
- Confidence, consistency, uniqueness, originality.
- How do you combat stage fright?
- I generally don't have any.
- What's been the scariest part of the Idol experience so far?
- The producer's auditions before I made it to the judges.
- What's been the most surprising part of the Idol experience so far?
- The Wolfgang Puck catering at Hollywood Week was delicious and unexpected.
- If you could redo any moment in your life, what would it be and why?
- I don't hold onto the past. I don't have any regrets. I try to live with forgiveness and a clear conscience.
- If you could perform with any person or group, who would it be and why?
- Fergie, John Mayer, Tim McGraw, and a piano/vocal trio with Billy Joel and Elton John.
- What song would you LOVE to sing on AI?
- Bruce Hornsby "Sunflower Cat (Down with That)."
- What one moment in past AI seasons will you always remember?
- The David/David face off last season.
- How did you make the final decision to try out for AI?
- When I moved back from London, I watched the show and I saw them wheel a big grand piano on stage for someone to play. I thought to myself, "that's my dream!"
Scott's LATEST PHOTOS
Top 9 - Top Downloads
Top 8 - Birth Year Songs
Top 10 - 50 Years of...
Top 11 - Grand Ole Opry